– SKILLS –
IT Support | Web Development | Virtual Domain/Server Administration
- 10 plus years Help Desk experience with a regional ISP
- Superior diagnostic, trouble shooting and problem resolution skills.
- Familiar with WordPress, Joomla and Drupal CMS
- Outstanding customer service and End User support skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, reliable and detail oriented.
- Able and eager to learn and excel in a fast paced environments.
– CERTIFICATIONS –
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT/CCNA)
Proven knowledge and skill to install, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot SoHo/Enterprise branch networks, including network security.
- CompTIA Security+
Possess expertise in the areas of threat management, cryptography, identity management,security systems, security risk identification and mitigation, network access control, and security infrastructure. The CompTIA Security+ credential is also approved by the U.S. Department of Defense to meet Directive 8570.01-M requirements.
– PLATFORMS –
Windows, Linux/UNIX, Mac OS, IOS, Android
Dell / HP / Custom desktops, notebooks and tablets, IPads, IMac, Android devices, printers and scanners.
Microsoft Office, Open Office, Adobe, Norton / McAfee Anti-virus, Anti Malware Software, System Back Up Software and more
– EXPERIENCE –
Customer Support/IT Help Desk/Web Site Development
La-Tierra Communications, Las Cruces, New Mexico
May 2008 to October 2016
Managed and serviced 200+ Virual Domains on several platforms including Windows IIS 2003 to 2012, Linux( CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD)
Familiar with Plesk and CPanel Control Panels
Familiar with Domain Registrars, Name Servers/DNS, A, CNAME, PTR/TXT and MX records, Google Apps, File Management and Backup, ZoneFiles and more.
Web Designs include:
- Modern Mobile Ready Website Design
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Custom Contact Forms
- Advanced Site Traffic Diagnostics
- Familiar with Windows Server IIS 2003 to 2012, Linux/Unix (CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD)
Senior Tech Support Supervisor
ZiaNet Inc, Las Cruces, New Mexico
January 2001 to May 2008
Oversaw staff of 20+ in the daily duties of –
- Telephone technical support to assist customers with establishing, maintaining, and using a connection to ZiaNet
- Guiding them through common Internet related tasks in order to assure that they were able to use the service
- Engaged in telephone support of clients to configure, troubleshoot, and repair common computer system problems
- On-site service calls to assist customers with establishing, maintaining, and using a connection to ZiaNet
- In office service – guide customers who are signing up for service accepting payment for services, make change, verify checks, and prepare receipts for payment
- Assist coworkers by listening carefully to a description of the problem, asking appropriate questions, and offering suggestions to help them identify the problem and effect a solution
- Performing data entry and record keeping tasks to assure thoroughness and accuracy of Customer and Company records
– EDUCATION –
Diploma, United States Army Signal Center
Fort Gorden, Georgia
MOS:29E-10 – Electronic Communications Repairer (COMSEC), 994 Hours
Coursework: Perform advanced repair, installation, service and rebuild of electronic communications equipment and related devices using test sets, frequency meters, standing wave oscillators, power tools, hand tools, gauges and schematics.
*(TS/SCI Security Clearence Required)*
California State University Fullerton,(CSUF)
Coursework: Media Writing, Public Relations, Advertising and Promotion, Marketing and Visual Communication.
Los Angeles, California
Internship: Audio/Visual Production
Coursework: Advanced Television Production for Broadcast Media including: Script Writing, ENG Camera work, Audio/Visual Editing, Technical and Floor Direction.